The Grimdark Pamphlet (5e)
A downloadable game
The Grimdark Pamphlet suggests rules additions and changes for the fifth edition ruleset to allow you to play grimmer adventures with morally ambiguous characters in a fantasy world beset on all sides by dire powers. In this world, life is brutal and short, victory is never assured, and madness and corruption threaten even the most resolute and steadfast.
Be forewarned. Characters will face greater challenges and are more likely to die. Immortality in this world is a distracting fallacy held tight by those too cowardly to truly live.
Inside You'll Find:
- New Abilities and an Ability-focused Alignment system
- New Skills for gritty games
- Madness and Injuries, and how to cure them
- Rules for Active AC
- Suggestions for making magic rarer in your games
- New Melee Weapons and Firearms
- Grimmer Feats
- Black Rider, Penitent, Pirate, and Apothecary classes
- Campaign primer for Azuria—The Tarnished Jewel, a planet of turbulent waters and fathomless depths.
- And a growing sense of impending doom!
Design Goals and Format
Our design goals for The Grimdark Pamphlet were straightforward: provide quality, playable, yet simple rules for playing darker stories with the fifth edition ruleset.
Secondly, the rules should be packaged in a modest format that could easily grow. We’re not going to get too fancy with artwork and flashy layout here.
Lastly, The Grimdark Sourcebook is intended to test the water for a potential grimdark sourcebook and will grow with feedback from the community—your feedback. We’d love your input.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.95 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Which Witch is the Best Witch on Itch?Oct 29, 2022
- More Monsters for Your 5e Game!Aug 29, 2022
- New Races for Experienced PlayersMay 06, 2022
- Bonus Update Day!Mar 08, 2022
- The Penitent Whips Up Fervour...Mar 03, 2022
- The Black Rider Charges In...Feb 12, 2022
- The Mechamancer Comes CallingAug 13, 2021
- Grimdark Pamphlete UpdatedJun 07, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.